Wednesday, August 12, 2009

hope floats



the title isn't all that fitting, but the movie title just popped into my head. it's really a general feeling of optimism that's kicking in, and the word HOPE was the first thing that came into mind. 

after a climbing / bouldering / stretching-slash-yoga session at TS, i was doing my usual arm-circling exercise to find that i wasn't feeling any pain in my left shoulder. it just sent a huge grin to my face and i couldn't help but jump (two times!!!!) in delight!!! hooray!!!! i'm sure it's not yet in 100% great shape, but it's a progression, right?!? i'm totally keeping my fingers and toes crossed that my rehabilitative approach is working....climbing light, static, making sure that my left shoulder gets a mild burnt feeling after each session (to make sure it got a fair share of work out), do some therapy exercises if the warm feeling isn't there, stretch before and after climbing, get enough rest.....it's probably been about four weeks of doing this already....so i'm hoping it's actually taking effect!!!!

then later on, while sitting on the toilet (sa bahay na 'to ha, hindi na sa TS!), i caught sight of my toes, all dried and calloused. of course, i ended up peeling the whites off, and smiled in all insane-solitary-glory for being so perked up by dry skin on my unwashed feet. 

there is more to come :)

*Photo courtesy of Mikey Schafer

4 comments:

  1. "smiled in all insane-solitary-glory for being so perked up by dry skin on my unwashed feet"

    hahahaha. aylavet. happy for you dear. didn't know your shoulder injured recently though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice to hear you're on your way back to climbing fitness =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks dear! nothing un-fixable, just a recurring pain in my shoulder, it's been on and off for years...but there, looks like it's getting better (again)! :-)

    how are you liking the soundtrack?!?! :-D excited na ko makipagkantahan! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. me too!!! we are totally considering going to the rocktrip :)

    ReplyDelete