Sunday, June 6, 2010

SEA Games, here we come!!!!

It's official: Sport climbing will be included in the 2011 South East Asian Games to be held in Indonesia. After the combined efforts and hard work of various countries' climbing associations, our sport is finally recognized by the SEA Games Federation. What a huge, huge step for the sport we love so dear.

And what an amazing opportunity for all climbers, myself -- very fortunately, humbly -- included. Already I'm motivated to work harder than ever before to climb stronger, smarter, better. I'm sure all of the climbers from other South East Asian countries feel the same way. I only hope that as each of us begins to train for the SEA Games, that we will somehow get to inspire others -- competitor or not -- to climb harder. To push ourselves harder. To intensely pursue excellence.

I'm SO excited to get back in shape, and get stronger. I hope my fellow teammates are, too. :-D I have to say it again: SEA GAMES, HERE WE COME!!!!!!

And what better way to start off the training than by these wonderful books that welcomed me home from my weekend out of town. My Amazon treats are FINALLYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyy here!!!

12 comments:

  1. Can I borrow "The Self-Coached Climber" one of these days? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, you can! pabasa lang muna sandali ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. exag next stop 2012 london! letsgow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. galing!!!! GO INA!!! excited na ko mag-2011. kung magkataon, baka makanood pa kami ng live! ohha! go team philippines!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! sino kasama mo in? go team philippines!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GO GO GO!!! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks patti, myra and tasha! :-D

    yan, hindi pa buo ang team, may bouldering nationals pa! lets gooo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. kaka-share lang ni Crissie sa Pinoyclimbers. I think November sa Manila :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. cool! i'll tell everyone here! :D thanks in! =)

    ReplyDelete