Thursday, November 15, 2012

self-censorship

i fear i do this too often.

this may be one reason why the blog posts seldom come, because i choose not to write about "mundane" things, in worry that people may not be able to relate, or appreciate, or just get plain bored with whatever i write about!

the same holds true for the spoken word, and i often catch myself filtering my own thoughts for no apparent reason. (i say no "apparent" reason because Lord knows there IS a real reason -- it just isn't apparent to me, because it's probably some deep-rooted trauma stemming from my childhood, that has manifested into a habit of self-censorship that only psychology can explain).

so in an attempt to be a tad bit more open, voila, i talk about my tendency to self-censor.

***

in other news, life has been good. God has been good. i've been showered with many small miracles that i almost passed off as everyday things, no thanks to my exteeeeeeeme focus on less-important matters (tunnel vision sucks). i can't say i'm out of the tunnel, but there is light. huwag lang sana akong madapa, masakit 'yon.

hooray for my intact optimism. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment