Monday, January 7, 2013

The Sappy Pop Love Song

This is the kind of song I'd search, copy, paste, print, and memorize, "way back before", after a break-up or to just belt out and emote, pretending to go through a break-up, for the sake of drama. Because this is (was) the kind of music I enjoy(ed) listening to, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. The only difference is, I'm no longer a teenager, and no boyfriends to break-up and cry-by-my-sad-self with.

Yup, it's a sappy and catchy loser song. Exactly how a pop love song should be. The perfect soundtrack to the self-tormenting heartbreak kid, because misery loves company.

And did I say it's soooo fun to sing out loud? :-D So let's singalong!

The Script - Breakeven Music Video

Lyrics are provided, of course!

I'm still alive but I'm barely breathing
Just prayin' to a god that I don't believe in
Cos I got time while she got freedom
Cos when a heart breaks no it don't break even
Her best days will be some of my worst
She finally met a man that's gonna put her first
While I'm wide awake she's no trouble sleeping
Cos when a heart breaks no it don't breakeven... even... no
What am I supposed to do when the best part of me was always you,
And what am I supposed to say when I'm all choked up that you're ok
I'm falling to pieces, yeah,
I'm falling to pieces
They say bad things happen for a reason
But no wise words gonna stop the bleeding
Cos she's moved on while I'm still grieving
And when a heart breaks no it don't breakeven even... no
What am I gonna to do when the best part of me was always you,
And what am I supposed to say when I'm all choked up that you're ok
I'm falling to pieces, yeah,
I'm falling to pieces, yeah,
I'm falling to pieces
(One still in love while the other ones leaving)
I'm falling to pieces
(Cos when a heart breaks no it don't breakeven)
Oh you got his heart and my heart and none of the pain
You took your suitcase, I took the blame.
Now I'm try'na make sense of what little remains ooh
Cos you left me with no love and no love to my name.
I'm still alive but I'm barely breathing
Just prayin' to a god that I don't believe in
Cos I got time while she got freedom
Cos when a heart breaks no it don't break
No it don't break
No it don't break even no
What am I gonna do when the best part of me was always you and
What am I suppose to say when I'm all choked up that you're ok
(Oh glad your okay now)
I'm falling to pieces yeah
(Oh I'm glad your okay)
I'm falling to pieces yeah
(One still in love while the other ones leaving)
I'm falling to pieces
(Cos when a heart breaks no it don't breakeven)
Oh it don't break even no
Oh it don't break even no
Oh it don't break even no


4 comments:

  1. since i did not have the proper teenage life (do not put your children in an exclusive all girl/boy school!) this particular loser-y, sappy song along with several others (ex. paperbag - fiona apple; 3 libras - a perfect circle; best of you - foo fighters; everybody hurts - REM; etc...napaghahalata ang edad hehe) have been carefully searched and copy pasted and are still very much emote-able and singalong-able of late. haha. gaaaah.

    music is therapy =) plus they tell you how other people have been there and got over it (...to become rich and famous rock stars using that miserable experience hehe)

    singing along,

    ReplyDelete
  2. how on earth can you say that you did not have a proper teenage life considering the population of these exclusive boy/girl schools?!

    going back...yes, music is indeed therapy, and can take you to places in a matter of minutes. thanks for singing along!

    ps did you notice you're my only reader? and you react every time! aylabshu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, indeed, what do you mean by 'not proper'? Hahahaha! Who's to say what is and isn't? ;)

    Grabe, hindi ko alam ang kantang ito, until you guys sang it sa Videoke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. pamy,(nag react ka talaga hehe) let's just say i think having had guy classmates (and friends) instead of the the once in fifteen years school sanctioned interaction would have helped. you know what i mean. ;)

    ina i'm not your only reader! si pamy din o! hehe. i bet stalker/lurker lang yung iba (ganun ako w/ most blogs i follow save for my friends' blogs hehe).

    ReplyDelete