Sunday, February 16, 2014

Dream

I've said this many times: I've never had an ambition.

When I was a kid, I never had a dream profession or job. I never envisioned myself to be a doctor, businessman, lawyer, writer, basketball player, artista, or politician. As I grew up, I was mostly just in the moment, learning about things as they came, enjoying wherever it is that I was, appreciating whatever it is that I had.

True, I would occasionally set my sights on certain goals, but I realize now that they would mostly be short-sighted -- ones that were realistic, purposefully calculated, within my reach, with (very) high chances of success.

If it's necessarily good or bad to be so careful, I'm not sure.

But recently, as I was reminded of a version of me that I once knew, and of certain adventures that have always taken my breath away, I felt a yearning to define the kind of life I want to live.

If it will involve the kind of images in this post, I'm not exactly sure. But right now, these photos of new friends' travels have sent my senses on fire, and have left me dreaming of an alternative life that just feels so far away, so lofty, so un-realistic, and way beyond my reach.

If it's necessarily good or bad to dream of having this kind of life, I'm not sure.

But I pray that my wondering mind is answered (sometime soon).

***All photos from http://onceuponaclimb.co.uk/stories/
















No comments:

Post a Comment